Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 13:32:52 -0400

>> The experience with file-notifications in auto-revert mode has been
>> pretty poor
> Did you see a better experience in any other application?

I have no other experience to compare it with, no: neither xterm nor
ctwm use them, I haven't noticed that firefox uses them, and well with
Emacs that's pretty much all the applications I'm using ;-)

Oh, wait, maybe `mpd` can use them on its music library, but I wouldn't
have noticed the difference (that library changes much too rarely and
I always explicitly ask for a refresh when I do change it).

        Stefan