Re: are contributions on other programming languages than C and Emacs li

From: yyoncho
Subject: Re: are contributions on other programming languages than C and Emacs lisp bad idea?
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 22:01:41 +0300

You might be interested in https://github.com/ubolonton/emacs-tree-sitter/

Thanks,
Ivan

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 12:30 AM Jorge Javier Araya Navarro <address@hidden> wrote:

El sábado 21 de septiembre del 2019 a las 1236 horas, Eli Zaretskii escribió:

>> From: Jorge Javier Araya Navarro <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:28:37 -0600
>>
>> I'm actually looking to do something like this but for _javascript_, there are several packages in
>> Rust that can help parsing _javascript_ code and I thought this could become handy and replace the
>> existing parsing written in Emacs Lisp.
>
> Are there any known problems with the ELisp implementation that
> justify reimplementing that in another language?

None to my knowledge. There is people and projects doing cool stuff like ecmascript[1] or
_javascript__lexer[2] and I thought that leveraging from projects like those could provide any sort of
advantage to Emacs in speed, code maintenance or user experience.

I will try to present a dynamic module and see how that goes, after doing my due research on js.el

[1]: https://crates.io/crates/ecmascript
[2]: https://crates.io/crates/_javascript__lexer