Re: calling desktop-read interactively

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: calling desktop-read interactively
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:53:49 +0200

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 2:36 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> The next step is to allow the user to give the actual desktop *file*
> name ;-)

There's no use case for that. Or, let me put it differently. I think there's no use case, with the current code, to read from a different desktop file.

The use case for reading it from different directories is built-in in the current desktop.el (DIRNAME is passed as an argument back and forth), but the desktop file name is a defcustom'd variable.

So, if we were to support multiple filenames, it surely wouldn't just be changing desktop-read to ask for the file name, but fully support multiple desktop files everywhere. That's a feature nobody's asked for before, I think.