Re: calling desktop-read interactively

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: calling desktop-read interactively
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:06:52 +0200

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> but if you
> have different "desktops" for different kinds of sessions (e.g. one for
> email, one for programming, ...) then having to place the desktops in
> different subdirectories feels awkward (especially since there isn't
> necessarily many more files to put in those directories).

My use of desktop.el is very simple, so I've never had that problem. I don't even use desktop files in project directories, just one in ~/.emacs.d/

But for the sessions case you point out, I would definitely create subdirectories under ~/.emacs.d/desktop-sessions/ or somesuch. Not particularly awkward, IMO.

> Being *able* to specify a directory is great.  Being limited to that is odd.

Yes, I agree. It's something to work on, if there's interest.