Re: calling desktop-read interactively

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: calling desktop-read interactively
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:32:38 -0400

> So, if we were to support multiple filenames, it surely wouldn't just be
> changing desktop-read to ask for the file name, but fully support multiple
> desktop files everywhere.

Indeed.

> That's a feature nobody's asked for before, I think.

It just seems so weird to only be able to specify the file indirectly via
the dir in which it lives.  It works OK if you have different "desktops"
for different projects placed in different subdirectories, but if you
have different "desktops" for different kinds of sessions (e.g. one for
email, one for programming, ...) then having to place the desktops in
different subdirectories feels awkward (especially since there isn't
necessarily many more files to put in those directories).

Being *able* to specify a directory is great.  Being limited to that is odd.

        Stefan