Re: Install C source code for for debugging help

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Install C source code for for debugging help
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 02:09:19 +0200

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 12:46 AM Fu Yuan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Regarding the encourage effect Stefan mentioned, I think Elisp sources already
> have this effect and is better than C source in this aspect because it’s easier to
> understand, manipulate and play around with.

I couldn't agree more. Any Emacs user already has an Elisp interpreter installed, and can change, explore, experiment. Having the elisp sources at hand can be a useful tool for learning and extending.

The C sources are anything but trivial to understand, and cannot be changed unless you invest time in setting up a build environment. Anyone who will know what to do with the C sources, or even will learn anything from them, quite likely will already know how to get them.