Re: Dedicated window for *log-edit-files*

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Dedicated window for *log-edit-files*
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:36:45 +0100

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Remove `log-edit-show-files` from `log-edit-hook`.

Oh, that works perfectly! Thanks.

> [ Yes, non-nil default values for non-preloaded hooks are evil.
>   I confess to doing it, but I plead insanity.  ]

Why evil? How else would you arrange to have this
default behaviour?

Not that I agree with this particular one: I think
log-edit-show-files does more harm than good,
and should be out of the default value (maybe
mentioned in the docstring). But that's another
discussion.

João