Re: Dedicated window for *log-edit-files*

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Dedicated window for *log-edit-files*
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 10:12:16 +0200

> When finalizing a commit with VC, (I usually do it from vc-next-action
> but maybe there are other ways), a buffer and a window popup for
> *log-edit-files*, showing the files touched by the "commit" (here
> I'm using "commit" to designate the corresponding VC action
> across VCSystems).
>
> For me personally, the window is quite annoying because it's
> in the path of my "C-x o" workflow: very frequently I want to jump
> back to the source buffer to do some last minute adjustment.

Probbaly, 'log-edit-show-files' should mark the window as dedicated
only if it appears on a separate frame.

But the corresponding code is weird.  For starters, wrapping some sort
of 'pop-to-buffer' in 'save-selected-window' is not reasonable IMHO.
And both, 'cvs-pop-to-buffer-same-frame' and 'cvs-bury-buffer', should
be eventually rewritten via 'display-buffer' such that "q" just quits
the associated window using its 'quit-restore' parameter.

martin