Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: VOTE: Changing completions-common-part face's default
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 10:09:32 +0200

On 07.11.2019 1:14, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Honestly, I'd rather [...]

But that's not the question: the question is whether you'd object to
the change because you think it's worse than what we currently have.

Yes, sure. But that's an easy bar to clean because I'm fine with what we have now (no highlighting for common-part). blue3 is *very* noticeable, which brings back the main objection to using it for prefix completion.

I recognize others feel differently, though.

So if blue4 also works for your stated goal, which is

  ...to get *some* highlighting without bothering those who
  don't want any.  It's also to advertise the fact that there's a face
  there that can be customized and it will also get more users to think
  about "what this face should look like"

then I would really suggest we use it instead. But if it's not legible for you, e.g. my monitor is unusually high-contrast or whatever, oh well.

But on the balance, I might consider blue4 an actual improvement over the status quo.