Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:46:20 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I found the report we filed back then:
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/issues/28152

(Adding Toon Claes to Cc as the submitter of that issue.)

>From reading that page, there doesn't seem to be much progress here.
Does anyone know if any of this is being worked on?

Also, regarding some of the items on that list:

- "Diff mailing list" -- I thought this was just a commit hook run on
the server.  Can't we just add that commit hook to the repository
manually, whether or not Gitlab adds support for it or not?

- "Integration with debbugs" -- should probably be named "Migration
from debbugs".

- "Emacs frontend for bug tracker" -- is something we want, but I
don't see why we should ask Gitlab developers to work on it.  Most
likely we'll have better success adapting debbugs ourselves as has
already been suggested in this thread.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas