On elisp running native

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: On elisp running native
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 06:54:10 +0000

Hi all.  I'd like share the investigation I've been working on to give
Emacs the ability to compile and run elisp as native code.

Despite being in very early stage it's functional and shows some quite
interesting potential in terms of performance benefit.  I then thought
was at a good stage to be shared and discussed.

I wrote a small page to describe what I did and how it works plus the
current status not to have the information spread in various mails.

http://akrl.sdf.org/gccemacs.html

The repository is hosted at the following link and the current patch
is attached.

https://gitlab.com/koral/gccemacs

In case this is of interest I'd love to see it as feature branch to
better collect feedback and work on its evolution.

Best Regards

  Andrea

--
address@hidden