Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 18:51:42 +0300

On 28.01.2020 12:48, martin rudalics wrote:
 > So, I tried this stuff on an old laptop. Ubuntu 16.04, with whatever
 > version of Unity was there, as well as with GNOME Shell 3.18 (and the
 > same version of GTK3 in both cases). No scaling.
<...>
 > In both:
 >
> Normal un-decorated frames have exactly the same drag-resizing behavior problem that I described before, so it's definitely not HiDPI-related.

Can you please summarize that behavior in one or two sentences.

Dragging the bottom-right corner of a non-decorated normal frame in a circular motion causes the frame to shrink. Same for the top-left corner, albeit more slowly.

Dragging the right border right moves it right, but more slowly than the cursor. Dragging it left makes it move faster than the cursor. Etc. I've described this before.

In either case the child frame issue cannot be resolved from here.  We
have to discuss that with the mutter people.

I'm pretty sure child frame resizing issue under Mutter is unrelated to the above. But sure.