Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:53:12 +0200

<address@hidden> writes:

> > It is much easier for the mind to think in terms of namespaces, here are
> > examples from other languages:
>
> What do you propose?
>
> I think "rename everything" doesn't look like a viable option?

I'm not sure "everything" would have to be renamed.  Only the names
that do not follow the prefix convention, at least in some of the more
important cases (alist is a good example).  I think that would be a
big improvement.

We could use 'define-obsolete-function-alias' to do that.  We are
under no obligation to remove the obsolete aliases, so it would not
have to break any existing code.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas