Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:28:15 -0400

  > It would be nice to organize all the file-related functions
  > better. Currently all the file-xx, file-name-xx, directory-xx
  > names are not the easiest to find.

What is the difficulty?  Doesn't M-x apropos RET ^file RET do it?

There may be some important context I can't get from your message.

  > (defun file-content (file)
  >   (with-temp-buffer
  >     (insert-file-contents file)
  >     (buffer-substring-no-properties)))

I think he name should be file-contents, plural.  The text in the file
is its "contents".

If people often want this, we can certainly add it.
It is just a question of how often programmers want it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman