Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 18:56:49 +0200

> I'd say that `flatten' is something
> "almost every" Lisp user learns to
> write early on, at least as a simple
> recursive function.  Good exercise.

When you are learning programming, yeah sure. When you just want to
flatten a list when writing a package for Emacs (for which you get 0
rewards except people saying "thanks" from time to time and your own
satisfaction of making Emacs a better place, all of which is great
already but that's not the point), there I think I just want flatten
to exist already. It's about productivity. Actually you made me
realise most of my points are about productivity.