Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 22:45:16 +0200

On Mon, May 11 2020, address@hidden wrote:
On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:08:25AM +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:

[...]

You can use `let*` to lay out such structures in a way that make
them more readable. `->` and `->>` are even better [...]

In *your* frame of reference, perhaps.

Yes, obviously. Perhaps I could have made that clearer.

As long as we don't accept all that there are different approaches and give up on the "mine's better (or 'more modern' or 'more Lispy'
or whatnot) than yours" the discussion is bound to go in circles
(at best) or to hurt feelings (at worst).

Well, as I said, I like Lisp for its practical nature and it's a good thing that it offers more than one way of doing things.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments