Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 18:58:23 -0400

On May 12, 2020, at 5:38 PM, Phillip Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

I understand why you worry about code quality, and this is valid. I
think most of Magnar's code has proven itself; the usage stats speak for
themselves. If packages like this do not meet Emacs standards, perhaps,
this it is Emacs standards that need to change to fit.

Good code quality along doesn’t mean a package is suitable to be added to Emacs core. One should also consider the tradition and the overall style of the interface. E.g., how do you feel about having both string-prefix-p and s-starts-with? in Emacs? If we have a set of good string functions, should Clojure developers add them to their core?

Yuan