Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:41:17 +0200

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 02:32:50PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

It will on two-button mice.

Shift+left click is already taken in Emacs.

There is the mouse-appearance-menu, which is actually not that bad for
our purposes.

I'm not sure a complete reshuffle of mouse-related bindings, of the
kind that seems to be implied here, is really a good idea in Emacs.

I think that only a menu in mouse-3 will be enough (as a customizable
option to avoid complains) so only mouse-3 will change.

Then we could also find alternatives to "enrich" mouse-appearance-menu
too. Probably we can rename it to contain appearance + other options. As
well.