Re: Let's make Emacs mainstream (through org-mode)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Let's make Emacs mainstream (through org-mode)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 17:51:09 +0300

* James Lu <jamtlu@gmail.com> [2020-12-17 17:15]:
> > It seems to me that the challenge is Bringing people willing to
> > offer support and people willing to pay together.
>
> I spy a startup/business opportunity: Start a platform that
> lets people subscribe and lets people who want to provide support
> get paid.
>
> Use Stripe for billing, etc.

General idea is just fine, go ahead! It seems to be your personal
project.

It would be nice if GNU project would be providing support straight
from packages. FSF is also accepting donations and supporting back
free software creation.

Regarding Stripe:

Credit card processing was possible even before Javascript. For any
credit card processing with non-free Javascript I would not recommend
people there. There are companies that will accept credit cards
without non-free Javascript. I would not recommend people to go to
Stripe.

Jean