Re: A tip: how to display longer function names in profiler-report

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: A tip: how to display longer function names in profiler-report
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 12:22:04 +0000

Hello, Eli and Clément.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 16:34:10 -0500, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
> On 12/21/20 4:24 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > Something like, very roughly: ....

> Precisely :) Love it.  And we can even remove the padding spaces from the
> last column.

The padding has now gone.  Function names are now never truncated by the
profiler.  The only truncation that can happen is when the user's window
is too narrow, something easily remedied.

This change (putting the usage figures on the left, and the function
names on the right) seems such a clear improvement, that I've taken the
liberty of just committing it (including NEWS item and amendments to
debugging.texi).  The commit hash is 9920929e7b.

In the event that there are any objections, it would be an easy commit
to reverse.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).