Re: Internationalize Emacs's messages (swahili)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Internationalize Emacs's messages (swahili)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 22:26:26 +0100

> Sure, as a practical matter, adding an optional LIMIT to length is
> probably the way to implement this.  But I think adding some predicates
> (like the length< etc predicated proposed by Tomas) as wrappers around
> calls to length with LIMIT makes sense for code readability.

Actually...  looking a Flength, perhaps not adding an optional parameter
would be better.  I mean, the only type that's not constant in time is
the length of lists, so I think perhaps it would just be confusing.

Adding length=, length< and length> (as C functions) seems pretty
trivial -- punt to Flength for anything that's not a list, and handle
lists specially.  Those would have clear semantics, be fast, not make
Flength calls any slower, and not add more complicated semantics to
Flength.