Re: Internationalize Emacs's messages (swahili)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Internationalize Emacs's messages (swahili)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 20:15:17 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 09:01:48 +0100
>
> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > +DEFUN ("length<", Flength_less, Slength_less, 2, 2, 0,
>
> I went ahead and pushed this (along with > and =, which seems like a
> natural set).

Like Richard, I think that not all of the functions are needed,
because some can be trivially expressed by others.

I thought we always implemented only the minimum required set.  For
example, we have version<, but not version>=; we have
string-collate-lessp, but not string-collate-greaterp.  Why do we need
to stray from that principle in this case?  And if we must have all of
those functions, why cannot they share most of their code?