Re: vc-fossil to non-gnu elpa?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-fossil to non-gnu elpa?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 01:29:04 -0500

> If the package meets our criteria, putting it into NonGNU ELPA is
> _not_ the next step.  The next thing we need to do is have a
> conversation with its developers.

That doesn't need to happen beforehand.  It can happen in parallel or
even afterwards (it's sometimes much easier to get a constructive
discussion going with the other side when they can see the actual
package we build and the problems we faced and the solutions we chose,
and other times it's helpful to get their input on how to solve those
problems.  One size doesn't fit all).

> We are just beginning to figure out how to have that conversation, so
> we can't describe how to do it.  Therefore, please tell us about the
> package and we will take care of that aspect.

I'm not sure who you're thinking of with this "we", because I definitely
have no intention of doing that for packages other than the ones I add.

        Stefan