Re: vc-fossil to non-gnu elpa?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: vc-fossil to non-gnu elpa?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 11:29:03 -0500

   >    > Would it be possible to add vc-fossil to non-gnu elpa?
   >
   >    I haven't looked at that code, so I can't really tell, but most likely
   >    it is, yes.  All you need to do is check that it's acceptable according
   >    to our criteria and if so add it to the `elpa-packages` file in the
   >    `main` branch on `nongnu.git`.
   >
   > Cool.  I'll double check the list of requirements, and fix them if
   > need be.  And post a patch for nongnu.git.

   Come to think of this, is there any reason why vc-fossil.el shouldn't
   be in core?  Is Fossil less important then, say, SCCS or RCS or
   WebDAV?

Gathering copyright assignments or disclaimers is the main issue; I
haven't been able to contact one author.  The track of changes record
is not optimal either.