Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 04:15:35 -0800

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

>> What are your thoughts about the discussion of including it in Emacs?
>> I think having it built-in would be a huge benefit.
>
> I would prefer the "bundled elpa package" approach over adding the
> package to emacs.git itself, but don't know if that feature is already
> usable.

Since transient is a single elisp file, the simplest approach is to put
it in emacs.git under lisp, and enter it in elpa as a :core package.
Then emacs.git is the upstream development repo.

The proposed policy for bundled elpa packages is that core emacs code
may not depend on them; on the other hand, core emacs code may depend on
:core elpa packages.

--
-- Stephe