Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 22:02:34 +0000

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Gregory, I don't think there's much point in doing this experiment --
>> the pushback is already substantial, so I think we have the data we need
>> already.
>
> The tenor of discussion in this thread has been shocking, though, with
> people ascribing nefarious motivations to Gregory's suggestion.  Please
> stop doing this -- it makes this mailing list distinctly unfriendly.
>
> People should be free to make suggestions without being sniped at.

+1

FWIW, I don't particularly see the need for freeing up a key for
third-party packages.

But if we're going to do that, `C-o' seems like a bad choice.  If it is
to be worth changing this keybinding to anything, it should be to
`find-file'.  That is, after all, what all other software assigns this
key to.