Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:43:04 +0200

> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:22:19 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>, gregory@heytings.org,
>  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> That way experiments go in parallel not disturbing the default key
> bindings and users aware or willing to participate may do so.

That just delays the dispute to the point when we want to consider
making some of the bindings the default.  So it basically may solve a
secondary problem -- how to conduct the experiment -- but not the main
problem, which is whether and how to change bindings that existed in
Emacs since about forever.