Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:50:42 +0000

There have been no further comments here within 4 weeks.

I intend to finish this up and push this to master in the next couple of days. Please send any further comments soon, or we will have to consider them after this lands on master. Thanks in advance.

A few comments:

Your patch breaks search-forward-help-for-help, in which the " *Metahelp*" buffer name is hardcoded.

I would add "C-s to search, " after "to scroll,".

I find the last section name "Language Help" unclear.

I would add "(see also M-x list-packages)" after "External packages".

Why did you put a blank line between where-is and apropos-command?

Another small comment: your patch adds two warnings to the build process:

In help--for-help-make-commands:
help.el:206:27: Warning: Unused lexical variable `arg'
In help--for-help-make-sections:
help.el:225:13: Warning: Unused lexical variable `title'