Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:32:24 -0600

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 1:12 AM H. Dieter Wilhelm
<dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:

> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
> > Can I ask you to give my install.exe a whirl and confirm that libgmp
> > was (as I believe) the only issue?  I'll rebuild the full set
> > (including correcting build-deps-zips.py) as soon as I have that
> > confirmation.
>
> Ah I didn't expect that your installer had some "extra", nice. :-) Sure,
> I'll give it a try this evening.

Thanks so much Dieter!

> Please tell me if the uninstaller can remove all remnants of an Emacs
> installation, or do I have to clean some parts of the registry or
> whatever?

If we find it isn't removing something it creates I think we should
open bug-reports for that specifically.

I'd been forgetting my daughter's birthday yesterday morning when
planning my day/evening; tonight I have other commitments. I look
forward to getting back into this and a few other things Emacsian
Friday or over the weekend.