Re: master 6eeab90632: Don't accept whitespace or hex floats in rgbi: co

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master 6eeab90632: Don't accept whitespace or hex floats in rgbi: colour specs
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:31:35 +0100

7 mars 2022 kl. 01.34 skrev Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>:

> AFAICT, there are no other implementations of such an rgbi color
> specification (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The syntax is from X11, or at least that is why Emacs supports it.

> I don't think there's a chance that the user will type any of those by
> mistake.  Besides, the documentation can always be amended, and that
> function has no other specification.  So I disagree that it doesn't do
> the user a service.

These unintended extensions do not provide the user with any additional
expressive power so there seems to be little reason for them. For that matter,
I believe that extensions should be motivated by needs, not by implementation
happenstance. Don't you agree?

In any case we are debating angels dancing on a pinhead. I just fixed it
because I made the mistake to begin with, and I don't think you should elevate
my errors to holy scripture quite yet (please wait until I'm dead).