Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.92 is out

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.92 is out
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:50:13 +0000

On Friday, 18 Mar 2022 at 08:44, Roland Winkler wrote:
> Personally, I find bug 54158 very annoying; it is a regression
> compared with Emacs 27.

Roland,

I cannot help with the bug (my elisp-foo is not up to it) but, reading
the bug report, I note that you wish to download your emails and delete
them on the server.  Does your site's Exchange settings allow you to
access the emails using POP instead of IMAP?

I ask because I have a very similar setup to yours: davmail to support
two-factor authentication with an Exchange server and wanting to delete
emails on the server when fetched.  The only difference in my case is I
specify 'pop instead of 'imap for the localhost server (and hence also a
different :port setting of 1110).  By using POP, the emails are
automatically deleted when retrieved and I've seen no duplicates, as far
as I can tell.

I also second your view on the rather generous interpretation that
Exchange applies to junk email... :-( but I've not yet gone the route of
asking for those emails as well.  Maybe I should.  Something for me to
ponder.

Best of luck,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.2