Re: master 9b762c35a1: Add Sefirot to Omer counting

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: master 9b762c35a1: Add Sefirot to Omer counting
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 19:20:09 -0400

  > > The biblical references for the Parashat HaShavua and its Haftorah are
  > > definitely religious in nature.

  > And the Hebrew calendar itself isn't?

It has to do with religion to some extent, but the crucial thing is
that it is a calendar.  It consists of names of days.

  > The proposal was NOT to cite those texts in Emacs, the proposal was
  > just to _name_ them.

I think we're using the word "cite" with two different meanings, both
valid.  We're talking about including in Emacs the names of certain biblical
texts, right?

                                           Where do we draw the line?

The natural place would be between
(1) identifications/names of specific days, and
(2) specific things some groups customarily DO on specific named days.
The first is part of the calendar; the second is an adjunct used with
the calendar.