* 698 libraries in the preloaded-file-list
* 136 files listed in lisp.mk
* 521 files listed in site-load.mk (the file I generate from site-load)
* I'm not sure where the remainder are from
* 426 native compilation units in "all-loaded-comp-units-h"
* 1126 eln files under native-lisp/28.1-<hash>/preloaded - none appear
directly in 28.1-<hash>
* 1504 elc files under lisp
* 1557 el files under lisp
I'm not sure why some of the files were byte compiled but not native
compiled (or at least, not loaded in the dump).
It was just from the way native compiled files are not tracked on the build, and having done a pure byte-compile run to ensure everything would have compiled dependencies.
Once touched all the source files and redumped, everything that could be compiled was loaded as native compiled, for a total of 596 NCUs in the dump.
I will now proceed to iron out the load dependency order of the additional libraries I have set up and compiled in site-lisp.
I found adding call-interactive to the "never-optimize" lists (one customization variable, one hard coded list in nadvice) resolved the issue with the runaway async subr compilation. I deleted close to 100k ELISP files from /tmp today from jobs I killed.