Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 22:08:29 +0800

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> I sent a short demo that shows how one can escape from an _exit a few
> weeks ago in bug#56967; I attach it here again.  The same kind of
> things can be done to circumvent segfaults in library functions.

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.  What if someone statically links
Emacs with the C library?

And how will you escape the segfault in the static, possibly inlined
function, of the GDK X11 backend?  That's not even as reliable as
installing a signal handler to handle the SIGSEGV, which is once again a
very bad idea.