Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 00:56:31 +0200

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> My feeling is that the change is older than three months.
> It's one of these changes that one gradually becomes aware
> of, and which irritates, but isn't quite serious enough to
> do anything about. :-(

I think we should just try to do Emacs as good as possible
everywhere we can and not think too much what is serious enough or
not enough, that's difficult to say, also.

And in particular because we had the old style already so we
should know how to do that already, and we know how to do the
new style as well, so we just need a little interface so the
user can set up what way to branch to the prefered one from
there ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal