Re: Hosting tree-sitter pre-built language definitions on ELPA?

From: chad
Subject: Re: Hosting tree-sitter pre-built language definitions on ELPA?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 09:37:04 -0400

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 2:19 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
Again, I don't see why tree-sitter should be handled differently from
other optional libraries.

I'm not sure if this is Yuan Fu's concern, but for me:

If I want to build a changed tree-sitter language definition myself, the second-ish step is "install Node.js", and I stop there. (Whether this is a sign of taste or curmudgeonliness is left as an exercise for the reader. :-)