Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 21:01:53 -0400

  > >> Can anyone suggest a way to describe the job that Eglot does, NOT
  > >> using technical jargon, or implementation details such as "LSP"?

  > Some ideas of the top of my head:

  > - ide-mode
  > - integrated-development-mode
  > - {smart,intelligent,clever}-mode
  > - programming-mode
  > - syntax-mode

You've tried to resent descriptions which are short enough that they
might serve as command names.  Unfortunately, that shortness makes
them less than helpful for explaining the job that Eglot does.

Each of those names can fit other things in Emacs.  There are other
IDEs in Emacd.  Thee are other things in Emacs we could call clever.
There are many modes for programming.  There are other features that
understand program syntax, and there have been since 1976.