Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 12:13:43 +1100

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > While I can agree with the sentiment underlying this, I'm not sure I
>   > agree with the practicality. The space of available meaningful names
>   > which convey a meaningful description of what a module/library does
>   > which are also not ridiculously long and are unique is actually quite
>   > small. Naming things is difficult.
>
> I am reputed to be good at that.  nstead of telling me how hopeless it
> is, which won't convince me, how about telling me what Eglot does?
> Then we'll see if I come up with a more descriptive name.

No, I'm not the one pushing for the change. It is your responsibility to
actually understand what eglot is if your going to argue the name needs
changing. How else are you going to assess if any proposed names are
appropriate?

Besides, I included links which explain what it is which you
could go and read as easily as me writing it up for you.