Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Brian
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 15:20:41 +0000

I do not understand why only one person is credited if it is a
collective effort.  Why does Emacs files have author fields, what
Is their significance, history?  I have only seen Emacs do this
and couldn't find anything on it in CONTRIBUTING file, so the
process feels somewhat opaque.

I could work with c, c++, js (seems taken) or elisp but haven't
completely thought it out or if I'd have enough time yet.