Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 02:34:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> My suggestion is to add the tree-sitter variant in these cases, and let
>> the other modes die a slow, deprecated death down the line.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> SGTM, but I'd like to hear from Lars as well.

It's somewhat confusing that we have some modes that are tree-sitter-only
and some what can switch between using tree-sitter and not, but I guess
that's inevitable.

But I think the in-tree tree-sitter typescript-mode will have to be
called something else than the out-of-tree non-tree-sitter one, at
least.