Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 09:23:41 +0200

> Sounds good, but I don't use these modes, so take my opinions with a
> grain of salt.

>> >That's desirable, yes.
>>
>> Sure, I can rename it to tsx-mode, because that's the parser being used.
>
> SGTM.

Good, I'll integrate js.el into typescript-mode.el

>> Why is that desirable, though?
>
> It prevents user confusion and conflicts, I guess?

In many cases, yes, but in the Typescript case most users will be
advised to move on from that mode.  I don't really think there should be
an issue - that repo can be archived when we have reasonable support.
Jostein and/or others should of course chime in on this.

How about we let it live as typescript-mode.el for now, and I can
absolutely make sure the renaming happens should we decide to do so.

Theo