Re: Volunteering to help on etc/TODO item: Improved xwidgets support

From: Andrew De Angelis
Subject: Re: Volunteering to help on etc/TODO item: Improved xwidgets support
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 00:55:52 -0400

It should never print "nil"; it's a command that is not supposed to be
called by Lisp or return anything.
Sorry, I misspoke: the issue is that it prints nil: if I have a widget open, and press 'w' or call `xwidget-webkit-current-url', the message I see in the minibuffer is always "URL: nil".
This happens even though (xwidget-webkit-uri (xwidget-webkit-current-session))  does return the current url. Therefore, I think the problem is in how the function uses `kill-new'.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 12:46 AM Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Andrew De Angelis <bobodeangelis@gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah, that's a tight deadline. I am going to try to fix the biggest
> issues by then, but we'll probably have to wait until the next release
> to have this included

Thanks.

>  I think the timer stops by itself, the variable is not all that
>  important.
>
> This is probably another NS-specific issue, but the timer doesn't
> always stop in my build. The issue starts in
> `xwidget-webkit-callback'; it looks like the "load-finished" event
> sometimes (most of the times) doesn't happen or is not received. I
> will add this to the list of things to fix.

Yeah, that sounds like an NS specific bug.