Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installe

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installed directly from VCS
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 09:15:47 -0400

>> I don't think that the code in `elpa-admin.el` can be used as-is, but it
>> would be good to try and change them in tandem (maybe by extracting the
>> common code into some new file?).
> The only thing is that we will probably need to prompt the user if they
> are OK with executing some command or using Makefile, right?

Could be, I haven't thought about it.
[ `elpa-admin.el` runs all these commands via Bubblewrap, and
  `package-vc` will compile the files, which can end up running any code
  whatsoever anyway, so I'm not sure how important that is.  ]

> I can try to re-use elpa-admin.el but the code will then have to be
> wrapped for "regular" use by some safety precautions.

Yes, the code will definitely need adjustments for use in this
other context.  That shouldn't prevent sharing it, tho.

        Stefan