Re: CL packages landed

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: CL packages landed
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 16:01:56 +0200

>>> The obvious meanings: feature/ is for feature branches that are
>>> intended to live for some time, scratch/ is for one-off
>>> throw-away-after-use branches.
>
> Among other things: force-pushes are tolerated on `scratch/*` as well as
> commits with poor style, incomplete commit messages etc... because we do
> not intend to `git merge` from scratch branches, whereas we do expect to
> `git merge` from `feature/*` so: no force push, and no commits that
> don't have a proper commit message.

That makes sense, thanks.

I don't think I've force-pushed in my life, so that's not a problem.
But the existing commit messages might be.  It was originally mainly an
experiment, after all.

Please, could someone with enough time at their hands take a look at
the log if that's good enough?

  git log --author=gerd master...

Without the --author, stuff from a merge will be shown.