Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Average-user-facing interface for tree-sitter
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 15:10:41 -0700

>> Yeah.  Shouldn't it be possible to just have a global var instead of a
>> mode?  That way we can just look for that variable when enabling the
>> mode, and avoid calling anything other than what we want.  At least for
>> the foreseeable future, enabling these per mode in the init file
>> shouldn't really be too much of a problem, IMO.  When more users
>> actually get to try this we can get a feel for how the init should best
>> be handled.
>>
>> To me the '*-use-tree-siter' defcustoms was beautiful :)
>
> Back to centralized variable, perhaps?

I’ve thought really hard but didn’t come up with any brilliant ideas, so I’m
going with centralized variable. Now, should I throw away recent commits and
create a new branch so we don’t have so many changes back and forth on js.el
and python.el? Plus feature/tree-sitter wouldn’t be used for long anyway since
it’s merging into master soon.

Yuan