Re: [patch: first impression]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [patch: first impression]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 19:53:43 +0200

> On 18.10.2022 22:29, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> Thanks!.

> For best compatibility with existing behavior (default and vc-git's), it
> seems I was looking for the merge tool 'internal:local'.

> Could either of you test the attached patch?

> It should be both faster and a little safer than using the default impl.

It is indeed. Here is how I tested it, after pulling the latest master.

    - hg revert -r  a2dd9d683a02 (git hash), xterm.c and xfns.c are changed
(reverted to that change set)

    - vc-dir

    - vc-diff

    - delete the first 2 hunks in xterm.c and then in xfns.c

    - vc-next-action

    - write a message

    - commit: commit took 10 sec!!,

    - I did the same step with the perl script commit-patch: 14 sec

So that looks indeed much faster! Thanks a lot

Can somebody else please test this?

regards