Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:13:10 +0100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 7:28 AM Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> wrote:

But let me add, as notorious trouble-maker, that shorthands consist of
problems only.  The fact that no-one seems to want to ask why I think
that, I interpret as meaning that this is a well-known fact :-).

Please elaborate.

Let's see.  I hope that ideology doesn't play a role in Emacs, and
Richard simply didn't have the necessary information to change his mind.

Ideology was one motivating factor to choose Bazar and not git, back then.