Re: Emacs git repo mangled

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs git repo mangled
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:57:20 -0400

> I've now looked at the situation, and I still don't understand what's
> wrong.

Nothing's wrong: the Git history looks fine to me.
The problem is fundamental to `git bisect` (which starts from the
assumption that the history is linear, which is a lie).
That's what `git bisect skip` is for.
I'm sure there are other tricks one can use to teach `git bisect` to
avoid certain commits and/or branches, if needed.

        Stefan