Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 01:44:36 +0100

> Yes, I've done it, but haven't pushed the changes yet.

Perfect.  Cannot wait to try the new version!

> That is unusual, `package-vc-ensure-packages' (or as it is now called
> `package-vc-install-selected-packages') doesn't modify
> `package-vc-selected-packages' so the setter shouldn't be invoked
> either?

Strange!  Something somewhere triggered that error, without me touching
the source code.  Knowing about the "magic" of reactive programming, I
commented out the "did set" action, just to get through the hump.

> Good point, I can add that to the error message.

Great idea!

> Do you have `debug-on-error' enabled?  I don't use MELPA, so this
> error doesn't occur in my case.  I've modified `package-archives', but
> even so the most I get in my case is
>
>     Failed to download ‘melpa’ archive.

I first got

  Failed to download ‘melpa-stable’ archive.
  Failed to download ‘melpa’ archive.

Then I enabled `debug-on-error' to give you as much info as I can.

Rudy
--
"Be especially critical of any statement following the word
'obviously.'"

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava