Re: Rename Tree-sitter major modes from "ts" to "treesit" (was Re: tree-

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Rename Tree-sitter major modes from "ts" to "treesit" (was Re: tree-sitter version?)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 17:04:49 -0800

Theodor Thornhill via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Feel free to commit this, Eli.  I've only done a rename.

Thanks.

However, note that it's better to rename the file in a separate commit,
containing no other changes.  That way, "git blame" provides stronger
guarantees for providing correct attribution.  (BTW, "git log" does too,
but it needs a --follow flag.)

So I did the rename separately, in your name, applied your patch on top,
and pushed the result to master (commit 374f4e38c1).  I also adjusted
the commit message slightly to reflect this:

    Rename ts-mode to typescript-ts-mode

    * lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el: Rename from 'ts-mode' to
    'typescript-ts-mode'.  Rename all symbols to match new prefix.
    * etc/NEWS: Mention the new mode name.
    Ref: https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2022-11/msg01587.html